Each fall, all employees with Bonham Independent School District are invited to submit a grant request to the Bonham Education Foundation for special projects or needs to benefit their students. The Board reviews all grant proposals and selects the winners.
The board was pleased to award 9 grants totaling $5,474 during the 2016-2017 school year.
- $1000 to Finley-Oates Elementary for Nessy Reading
- $324 to Finley-Oates for Kindergarten Museum Field Trip-Harber
- $500 to I W Evans for 4th Grade Field Trip-Rough Rider’s trip
- $150 for I W Evans for Brave Girls, 4-6 grade
- $1000 for L H Rather Junior High for Engaging History Lessons
- $500 for L H Rather Junior High for Building Better Readers
- $500 for LHR Band Tuners
- $1000 for BHS Math for Algebraic Reasoning; TI 84+ Graphing Calculators
- $500 for BHS Band for Better Sound through Individual Tuning