The Bonham Education Foundation awarded a grand total of $4,000 in grants for eight different projects in the fall of 2014 to benefit the students of Bonham ISD. All BISD teachers were invited to submit proposals for special projects or needs to benefit their students. The foundation board reviewed the applications and selected eight projects to receive funding. The eight selected projects include:
• Bonham High School – $500 to pay for two students to attend the Hugh O’Brien Seminar to improve leadership skills.
• Bonham High School & LH Rather Junior High Theatre Department – $500 – towards purchase of a Cyclorama.
• LH Rather – $500 for technology needs for the English department
• IW Evans – $500 for Physical Education equipment
• IW Evans – $500 towards purchasing new choral risers
• Finley Oates – $500 towards second graders attending the play “Mulan”
• Finley Oates – $500 towards first graders going to the Elves Pumpkin Patch
• Finley Oates – $500 towards kindergarteners going on a Stephen Fite trip
The Bonham Education Foundation is a local non-profit (501)(c)(3) organization consisting of parents, educators and concerned citizens. The Foundation was formed in 1999 with the purpose of assisting Bonham ISD in preparing students educationally for life and careers in the 21st century through encouragement and recognition of scholarship and creativity.
In addition to awarding grants for special projects, the Foundation awards scholarships to Bonham seniors and sponsors the Academic Excellence Awards Program each fall at Bonham High School and the Texas Scholars Program in the spring.